There are a number of communities over the Internet which work as do it yourself platforms. People from different sections of the society can contribute to these platforms through knowledge sharing and help the communities grow. A large number of people look for different types of advices and techniques for solving their difficulties. These do it yourself communities help them to sort out their problems on their own.
The term do it yourself is mostly associated with home improvement. Nevertheless, at the present time, this expression is also being applied to various domains like art and culture, entertainment, business, sports, leisure, technologies and so on.
The principal objective of the do it yourself communities is to offer established concepts, ways, resources and procedures that would communicate, teach, increase your knowledge and better your standard of living.
The do it yourself ethic or DIY ethic denotes the ethic of being self-dependent by finishing tasks oneself rather than taking help from others who have higher expertise to accomplish them. The expression may signify “doing” anything from healthcare to home improvements and repairs and from electronics to publication.
The expression “do it yourself” or DIY is also applied to delineate:
- Computer game modding and independent game development
- Self-publishing magazines, books and alternative comics
- Solo artists or bands launching albums on record labels funded by themselves
- Manufacturing crafts like sewing, knitting, ceramics, handmade jewelry and others
- Manufacturing hipster, punk or independent musical merchandise by utilizing disposed stuffs and recycling thrift store, normally bedecked with logo art put on by silk screen